NCF and GIZ/LPED Partnership
NCF- GIZ LPED support on Capacitating Federations and Unions for Cooperative Development
The overall objective of this partnership was to enhance the capacity of NCF through setting up a mechanism for service delivery for is members ultimately creating a strong linkages to its membersDCUs and CCUs while support NCF’s for its own sustainability.The program was launched focusing Banke, Surkhet, Rupandehi, Kailali districts of
Lubmini, Karnali and Sudurpachhim provinces.
Activities carried out during the project period
- Prepared Business Plans for four DCUs Banke, Surkhet, Rupandehi, Kailali
- Manual Developed on Cooperative Marketing Training
- Rolled out of the Training of Trainers on Marketing Training Manual
- Revised the Tax Manual on cooperatives and oriented cooperators on the revised Tax manual
- Prepared the Credit Risk Management Manual and rolled out of training
- Oriented on the Cooperative Chart of Account
- Prepared the Internal Auditing procedures and oriented to the DCUs
- Oriented DCUs on the proposal writing guidelines.
- Developed the follow up mechanism for training and implementation
- Developed a Communication strategy of National Cooperative Federation of Nepal
- Organized the Learning & Sharing Workshop
- Capacity Development of NCF Staffs with material support for conducting trainings, workshops and meetings
- COVID-19 crisis - Marginalized groups, farmers and migrant workers united in cooperatives and affected by the COVID-19 pandemic were benefited through the agricultural trainings and agro inputsand equipment supplies for reverbed farming.
Approximately 1700 marginalized groups, farmers andmigrant workersof the cooperatives of Banke, Surkhet, Rupandehi, Kailali districtswere benefited with the support of the project instead of developing and testing the manual on different subject as mentioned above.
Partnership Project with International Labor Organization (ILO Nepal) to create an enabling environment on Dairy Cooperatives Value Chain Development
A partnership project between National Cooperative Federation of Nepal (NCF) and International Labour Organization Nepal (ILO-Nepal) under Advocacy Challenge Fund, UNNATI is in the concluding phase. The goal of the project was promotion and adoption of responsible business practices in dairy cooperatives, members and farmers through advocacy, awareness and networking. The dairy cooperatives, unions, members and farmers from four districts (Ilam, Panchthar, Dhankuta and Terahthum) of Province no 1 were directly benefited from the project.