Partnership Project with International Labor Organization (ILO Nepal) to create an enabling environment on Dairy Cooperatives Value Chain Development
A partnership project between National Cooperative Federation of Nepal (NCF) and International Labour Organization Nepal (ILO-Nepal) under Advocacy Challenge Fund, UNNATI is in the concluding phase. The goal of the project is promotion and adoption of responsible business practices in dairy cooperatives, members and farmers through advocacy, awareness and networking. The dairy cooperatives, unions, members and farmers from four districts (Ilam, Panchthar, Dhankuta and Terahthum) of Province no 1 are directly benefited from the project.
Partnership project with Cooperative Market Development Program (CMDP) to prepare and pilot the SDG implementation guidelines
This project between National Cooperative Federation of Nepal and Cooperative Market Development Program (CMDP) aims to prepare and pilot the SDG implementation guidelines in different level cooperatives. It also provides members with education to the beneficiary cooperatives of 6 districts in province number 3 for the market development of vegetables and fruits.
NCF and GIZ/INCLUDE Partnership
NCF and GIZ / INCLUDE have been working in partnership for more than a decade. With support from INCLUDE, NCF has developed a five year cooperative strategic planning document, developed a cooperative coordination network and also has developed capacity of cooperatives in Jhapa, Ilam, Panchthar, Morang, Okahdhunga and Bhojpur.
Currently, NCF and INCLUDE have been implementing a project Increase the Role of Federations and Unions in Promoting Cooperative Activities from July 2018 to April 2019.
The objectives of this project are:
- Finalization of standard training courses and develop competent trainers for training delivery,
- Standardize cooperative related training courses,
- Strengthen and improve district coordination and support mechanism,
To achieve these objectives, the project is carrying out the following activities:
- Conduct ToT for 14 potential trainers from INCLUDE working districts and from NCF,
- Deliver training by newly trained trainers under close supervision by the master trainer,
- Revise the cooperative and entrepreneurship development training manual based on the feedback from the training,
- Orientation and pilot the service package developed on cooperative merger and COPOMIS,
- Develop additional one service package for DCUs,
- Pilot the use of guideline developed by organizing one learning and sharing workshop,
- Support NCF/N in developing the cooperative assessment tool and piloting it.